The Home Depot (or Home Depot) is a American company in the United States. It sells things for people to improve their homes and build things. It has over 2,000 stores. The Home Depot's main office is near Atlanta, Georgia.
The Home Depot makes more money than any other home improvement store. It is the fourth largest chain store in general. The stores are very big, with high ceilings, like a warehouse. They are usually 105,000 square feet. (9,755 square meters). The biggest Home Depot is 217,000 sq ft (20,200 m2). It is in Vauxhall, New Jersey.
Bernard Marcus, Arthur Blank, Ron Brill and Pat Farrah founded The Home Depot in 1978. They wanted to have warehouses to sell home-improvement tools and materials. A banker named Ken Langone helped them get enough money.
|“||"Bernie and I founded
The Home Depot with a special vision -- to create a company that would keep alive the values that were important to us. Values like respect among all people, excellent customer service and giving back to communities and society."
The first two stores opened in 1979 in the city of Atlanta. The first headquarters was on Terrell Mill Road in Marietta, Georgia. In the 1990s, The Home Depot moved its headquarters to some skyscrapers near the town of Vinings, Georgia.
The two founders, Marcus and Blank retired in 2000. Robert Nardelli became the new CEO. Robert Nardelli quit as CEO on January 3, 2007. He quit because of controversy about how much he was paid when the company was not doing well. Frank Blake became the new CEO.
- "The Home Depot Names Helen Johnson-Leipold to Its Board of Directors". News Releases. The Home Depot. November 17, 2006. Archived from the original on April 30, 2008. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- "Corporate and Financial Overview Archived 2011-10-02 at the Wayback Machine." The Home Depot. Retrieved on April 24, 2009. "Headquarters: Atlanta Store Support Center, 2455 Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30339"
- "Ward Map Archived 2012-01-08 at the Wayback Machine." (). City of Smyrna. Retrieved on July 4, 2011.
- "Vinings CDP, Georgia[permanent dead link]." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on July 4, 2011.
- Top 100 Retailers: The Nation's Retail Power Players (PDF), Stores, July 2009.
- "Where Is the Biggest Home Depot Store? + How Big Is It?". QuerySprout. 2021-08-10. Retrieved 2022-03-24.
- "Home Depot Corporate website: Our History". Home Depot Corporate website: Our History. Archived from the original on 2009-06-26. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- Roush, Chris "Inside Home Depot" McGraw Hill
- "Robert Nardelli Resigns as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Home Depot and Is Succeeded by Frank Blake". News Releases. The Home Depot. January 3, 2007. Archived from the original on January 23, 2016. Retrieved February 9, 2012.