House (TV series)
House (or House, M.D.) is an American medical drama television series. It was created by David Shore in 2004 and aired on FOX from 2004-2012. House has fans all over the world. It is set at the fictional Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital in New Jersey. The show's main character, Doctor Gregory House, is a grumpy, sarcastic man who hates having to deal with his patients. Even though he spends a lot of his time insulting his patients and co-workers, or watching TV in his office, Dr. House almost always manages to cure his patients with his great medical intelligence.
|Also known as||'House, M.D.'|
|Created by||David Shore|
Robert Sean Leonard
|Opening theme||"Teardrop" by|
"House End Credits"
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||177 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Katie Jacobs|
Thomas L. Moran
|Running time||43 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),|
|Original release||November 16, 2004 –|
May 21, 2012
Nearly all episodes of House follow the same pattern: we see the events that come before the patient being taken to the hospital, then House and his colleagues spend a lot of time doing tests and coming up with different ideas for what the problem is. At the very end, House comes up with the answer, generally through epiphanies, and usually the patient recovers.
Main characters change
- Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House: House is the show's main character, an expert in diagnostic medicine. He is often very rude, sarcastic and enjoys teasing other people. Even so, he is an excellent doctor and always comes up with the right solution to the show's medical problems before anyone else. He has chronic pain in his leg and is addicted to Vicodin, a strong painkiller, for most of the show. He is the head of the Department of Diagnostic Medicine.
- Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy: She is in charge of medicine at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. She is an endocrinologist (hormone specialist). She often has to deal with House's rudeness and sometimes illegal actions. Usually, she is very patient with Dr. House because she knows he is the best doctor at her hospital.
- Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson: An expert in cancer (oncologist) and Dr. House's only real friend. He even tried to protect House's job, and almost got fired himself. He has been married a couple of times and is Jewish.
- Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman: A member of House's diagnostic medicine team. He is an expert in the human brain (neurologist). Dr. Foreman is black, and House sometimes makes racist comments about him, but Dr. Foreman usually does not get angry about it.
- Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron: A member of House's diagnostic medicine team. She is an expert in the human immune system (immunologist). Considered the nicest on the team, she often argues with House about right and wrong.
- Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase: A member of House's diagnostic medicine team. He is an expert in intensive care. Dr. Chase is Australian, and Dr. House often teases him about his accent or pretends to think he is actually British.
- Olivia Wilde as Dr. Remy "Thirteen" Hadley: A member of House's team who has Huntington's disease. She dated Foreman for a series and took part in his clinical trials, which tested a new treatment for Huntington's.
- Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub: A member of House's team who was formerly a plastic surgeon.
- Due to rights and licensing issues, Teardrop cannot be used in some countries, so "House End Credits" replaces Teardrop as the opening theme in those countries.
- "FOX Broadcasting Company: House, Show Info". FOX.com. Archived from the original on 2010-01-18. Retrieved 2008-03-01.
- Description and all seasons of the series