Howland island is a very hot and sunny island with wind blowing almost all the time. It only rains every once in a while.
Howland Island is located at 0 48 N, 176 38 W.
Earhart Light with post World War II repairs
Aircraft wreckage on Howland
Itascatown settlement remains
Howland island flora
Howland island flora (leeward)
Other websites change
- Howland in Google Maps
- Geography, history and nature on Howland Island Archived 2014-02-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Howland Island National Wildlife Refuge Archived 2005-02-07 at the Wayback Machine
- 'Voyage of the Odyssey' – pictures and travelogue
- Howland Island at Infoplease
- Howland Island – Small Island, Big History Archived 2007-04-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Pictures of the 1993 expedition to Howland island