coral island in the central Pacific Ocean; unincorporated, unorganized territory of the United States of America
Howland Island is a small island in the north Pacific Ocean, just north of the Equator. It is owned by the United States.
Howland island is a very hot and sunny island with wind blowing almost all the time. It only rains every once in a while.
Howland Island is located at 0 48 N, 176 38 W.
- ↑ "Howland Island" at CIA World Factbook Archived 2017-07-16 at the Wayback Machine; excerpt, "no indigenous inhabitants"; retrieved 2013-4-19.
- Howland in Google Maps
- Geography, history and nature on Howland Island Archived 2014-02-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Howland Island National Wildlife Refuge Archived 2005-02-07 at the Wayback Machine
- 'Voyage of the Odyssey' – pictures and travelogue
- Howland Island at Infoplease
- Howland Island – Small Island, Big History Archived 2007-04-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Pictures of the 1993 expedition to Howland island