coral island in the central Pacific Ocean; unincorporated, unorganized territory of the United States of America
Howland island is a very hot and sunny island with wind blowing almost all the time. It only rains every once in a while.
Howland Island is located at 0 48 N, 176 38 W.
- "Howland Island" at CIA World Factbook; excerpt, "no indigenous inhabitants"; retrieved 2013-4-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Howland Island.|
- Howland in Google Maps
- Geography, history and nature on Howland Island
- Howland Island National Wildlife Refuge Archived 2005-02-07 at the Wayback Machine
- 'Voyage of the Odyssey' – pictures and travelogue
- Howland Island at Infoplease
- Howland Island – Small Island, Big History Archived 2007-04-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Pictures of the 1993 expedition to Howland island