Hudson's Bay Company
The Hudson's Bay Company (HBC; French: Compagnie de la Baie d'Hudson) is a Canadian retail business group. A fur trading business for much of its existence, HBC now owns and operates retail stores in Canada, the United States and parts of Europe, including Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.
|Traded as||TSX: HBC|
|Founded||London, England |
2 May 1670
|Headquarters||8925 Torbram Road, Brampton, Ontario, Canada|
|Helena Foulkes (CEO)|
(Governor & executive chairman)
|Revenue||C$5.223 billion (2014)|
|C$258.1 million (2014)|
|Total assets||C$12.23 billion (2018)|
|Owner||NRDC Equity Partners (48%)|
Lord & Taylor
Saks Fifth Avenue
Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH
- Spears, John (17 October 2012). "Hudson's Bay Co. to go public again". Toronto Star. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Cassell's Latin Dictionary. The two different Latin words for skin or leather must be translated accordingly in English by the use of two different words of roughly the same meaning, denoting an exchange
- Nova Vulgata Bibliorum Sacrorum Editio, Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 1986 (Latin Vulgate Bible)
- As translated in the King James Bible
- "What does your motto 'Pro Pelle Cutem' mean?". HBC Heritage FAQ. Hudson's Bay Company. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- Rich, E. E. (April 1961). "Manitoba Pageant: Pro Pelle Cutem, The Hudson’s Bay Company Motto". Manitoba Pageant 6 (3). http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/pageant/06/propellecutem.shtml. Retrieved 5 October 2015.