Hyundai Motor Company
Hyundai Motor Company (Hangul : 현대 자동차 주식회사; Hanj : 現代自動車株式會社; Korean: 현대, Hyŏndae, hjə́ːndɛ) is a Korean car company. It is based in Seoul, South Korea. Along with Kia, it makes up the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group. The group is the world's fourth largest maker of cars as of 2009. As of 2011, it is the world's fastest growing automaker for two years in a row. In 2008, Hyundai (without Kia) ranked as the eighth largest automaker. In 2010, Hyundai sold over 3.6 million vehicles worldwide. In 2015 Hyundai announced it would spin-off its Genesis car as a separate luxury brand, that will compete with other luxury brands like Buick, Lexxus, Acura etc.
|Traded as||KRX: 005380, LSE: HYUD|
|Founded||December 29, 1967|
|Mong-Koo Chung (Chairman & CEO)|
Eui-Sun Chung (Vice-Chairman)
Won-Hee Lee (President)
|Products||Automobiles, commercial vehicles, engines|
|2,943,529 units (2011)|
|Revenue||US$ 97.40 billion (2011)|
|US$ 4.70 billion (2011)|
|Total assets||US$ 104.06 billion (2011)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Hyundai Motor Group|
- Hyundai i40
- Click/Getz/Getz Prime/TB
- i30/i30cw/Elantra Touring
- Santamo (Rebadged Mitsubishi Chariot; originally produced by Hyundai Precision Industry)
- Grandeur/Azera/XG (Originally a joint project of Hyundai and Mitsubishi)
- Genesis (soon to be spun off as a standalone marque)
- Equus/Centennial (Originally a joint project of Hyundai and Mitsubishi)
- Genesis Coupe
- Hyundai Getz
SUVs and vansEdit
- Entourage (Similar to the Kia Sedona)
- Galloper (Rebadged Mitsubishi Pajero; originally produced by Hyundai Precision Industry)
- Grace (1st generation was a rebadged Mitsubishi Delica)
- HD1000 (Minibus/Porter)
- Porter (1st generation was a rebadged Mitsubishi Delica)
- Santa Fe
- Starex/Grand Starex/i800/H-1
- HM 1620 urban bus
- HM 1630 suburban bus
- Hyundai 4.5 to 5-ton truck (Rebadged Mitsubishi Fuso Fighter)
- Hyundai 8 to 25-ton truck (Rebadged Mitsubishi Fuso Super Great)
- Aero (Rebadged Mitsubishi Fuso Aero Bus)
- Aero City
- Aero Town (e-Aero Town)
- Bison & 3ton Truck
- County (e-County)
- Hyundai DQ-7
- Hyundai FB
- Mega Truck
- New Power Truck
- Nova (made by Ghabbour Group in Egypt)
- Mighty (Rebadged Mitsubishi Fuso Canter)
- Mighty II
- Hyundai RB
- Super Truck Medium
- Super Truck
- O303 Benz Bus
- "FY of Hyundai Motor Company". Fortune.
- "World Ranking of Manufacturers 2009 by production". OICA.
- "Hyundai Fastest Growing Car Brand Two Years Running". Digital Journal. 2011-10-10. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Global auto industry realigns". The Detroit News. 2009-06-11. Retrieved 2009-09-16.[permanent dead link]
- "/ Columnists / David Pilling – South Korea is no longer the underdog". Financial Times. 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "World Ranking of Manufacturers 2008 by production" (PDF). OICA.
- "Automotive Engineering International Online: Global Vehicle Development: Part III Asia". Sae.org. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- Creations, Icon. "Ghabbour Auto". www.ghabbourauto.com.