In My Life
"In My Life" is a song by English rock band the Beatles. It was first released on the band's 1965 album Rubber Soul. It was written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney. They did not agree on which parts they created. George Martin played the piano part of the song, which was sped up to make it sound like a harpsichord. Mojo magazine said that the song was the best of all time. Rolling Stone said it was the 23rd best song of all time in their list.
|"In My Life"|
|Song by the Beatles|
|from the album Rubber Soul|
|Released||3 December 1965|
|Recorded||18 & 22 October 1965|
- Doyle Greene (10 March 2014). The Rock Cover Song: Culture, History, Politics. McFarland. pp. 161–. ISBN 978-1-4766-1507-3.
- Hertsgaard, Mark (1996). A Day in the Life: The Music and Artistry of the Beatles. New York: Delacorte Press. p. 156. ISBN 0-385-31517-1.
- "Lennon–McCartney Songalog: Who Wrote What" (PDF). Hit Parader. Vol. Winter 1977 [reprint of April 1972], no. 101. pp. 38–41. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Spitz, Bob (2005). The Beatles: The Biography. New York: Little, Brown and Company. pp. 587–91. ISBN 1-84513-160-6.
- "Mojo lists". Rocklistmusic. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "The Rolling Stone 100 Greatest Beatles Songs". Rolling Stone. August 2010. Archived from the original on 28 August 2010. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- MacDonald, Ian (2005). Revolution in the Head: The Beatles' Records and the Sixties (Second Revised ed.). London: Pimlico (Rand). p. 169. ISBN 1-84413-828-3.