Independence Day (Israel)
Independence Day of Israel (Hebrew: יום העצמאות; Yōm hā-ʿAṣmāʾūṯ lit. "Independence Day") is the national day of Israel. It celebrates the day of the Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel at the end of British Mandate of Palestine. It occurs on the fifth day of Iyar in the Hebrew calendar, which is between the months of April and May.
- Israeli Knesset page on Yom Ha'aztmaut
- Study Sheet for Yom HaAtzmaut: the Passover Hagada and Israel's Declaration of Independence Archived 2012-07-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Conservative Movement's Al HaNisim for Yom Haatzmaut
- Rabbi Eliezer Melamed, Peninei Halachah - Zmanim, Yom HaAtzmaut Archived 2013-03-29 at the Wayback Machine
- the Israeli Independence Day ceremony in Jewish National Fund website