Isabel II of Spain
Isabel II of Spain (Spanish: Isabel II; (María Isabel Luisa; 10 October 1830 – 10 April 1904) was queen regnant of Spain from 1833 till 1868 till she was exiled and fled to France where she died. She would be suceeded by her son.
|Queen of Spain|
|Reign||29 September 1833 – |
30 September 1868
|Proclamation||23 July 1843|
|Abdication||25 June 1870|
|Born||10 October 1830|
Royal Palace, Madrid, Spain
|Died||10 April 1904 (aged 73)|
El Escorial, Spain
|Spouse||Francis, Duke of Cádiz|
|Issue||Isabel, Princess of Asturias|
Alfonso XII, King of Spain
Infanta María de la Paz
Eulalia, Duchess of Galliera
|House||Bourbons of Spain|
|Father||Ferdinand VII of Spain|
|Mother||Maria Christina of the Two Sicilies|
- Infanta Isabel of Spain, Princess of Asturias 20 December 1851 – 22 Aprile 1931) married Prince Gaetano of the Two Sicilies, Count of Girgenti but had no children.
- Alfonso XII of Spain (28 November 1857 – 25 November 1885) married (1) Mercedes of Orléans but had no children issue, married (2) Maria Cristina of Austria and had children.
- Infanta María del Pilar o Spain (6 April 1861 - 8 May 1879) never married.
- Infanta María de la Paz of Spain (23 June 1862 – 4 December 1946) married Prince Ludwig Ferdinand of Bavaria and had children.
- Infanta Eulalia of Spain 12 February 1864 – 8 Mairch 1958) married Infante Antonio, Duke of Galliera and had children.
Though her name is often anglicised to Isabella this is incorrect. Isabel is recognised as the Spanish for Elizabeth. And Isabella is a corruption of the name Isabel.
Titles and stylesEdit
- 10 October 1830 – 29 September 1833 Her Royal Highness The Princess o Asturias.
- 29 September 1833 – 25 June 1870 Her Most Catholic Majesty The Queen.
- 25 June 1870 – 10 April 1904 Her Majesty Queen Isabel II of Spain.
Media related to Isabel II of Spain at Wikimedia Commons