J. P. Donleavy
James Patrick "J. P." Donleavy (23 April 1926 – 11 September 2017) was an Irish-American novelist and playwright. His first novel is The Ginger Man. Another novel, A Fairy Tale of New York, provided the title of the song "Fairytale of New York". He was born in Brooklyn, New York.
- "The spice of life, by James Campbell". The Guardian. London. 26 June 2004. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- Gates, Anita (13 September 2017). "J.P. Donleavy, Acclaimed Author of 'The Ginger Man,' Dies at 91" – via NYTimes.com.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: J. P. Donleavy|
- JPDonleavyCompendium.org Archived 2006-01-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Works by or about J. P. Donleavy in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Molly McKaughan & Fayette Hickox (Fall 1975). "J.P. Donleavy, The Art of Fiction No. 53". Paris Review.
- N. P. James, ed. (2008). J. P. Donleavy: The Formative Years. Cv Publications. ISBN 978-1-905571-96-3.
- "The Ginger Man in Dublin", Totally Gonzo, 17 June 2008
- "Tea & Scones & Darcy Dancer: The Making of An Irish Gentleman – An Interview with J.P. Donleavy", Bloomsbury Review, E. Thomas Wood, January/February 1992