Jack Christopher Stamp Brooksbank
3 May 1986
|Alma mater||University of Bristol|
Princess Eugenie of York (m. 2018)
Early life and familyEdit
Brooksbank was born on 3 May 1986 at St Thomas' Hospital in Lambeth, London. He was christened at Guards Chapel, Wellington Barracks in Wellington Barracks. He is eldest son of George Edward Hugh Brooksbank and his wife Nicola (née Newton), great-granddaughter of Sir Arthur Holland. Brooksbank is in remainder to the Brooksbank baronetcy.
A half-third cousin twice-removed of Princess Eugenie through Thomas Coke, 2nd Earl of Leicester,[notes 1] Brooksbank's great-grandfather was Sir John (Jack) Spencer Coke, a Gentleman Usher to King George VI and Extra Gentleman Usher to Queen Elizabeth II and his great-uncle was the 3rd Baron Hamilton of Dalzell. His parents are Old Etonian George Brooksbank, a company director and chartered accountant, and his wife, Nicola, who reside in London and Bordeaux in France. Jack has a younger brother, Thomas, who is also an Old Etonian.
Education and careerEdit
Brooksbank was educated at Stowe School in Buckinghamshire, and then the University of Bristol before leaving to work in the bar industry. He was the general manager of Mahiki, a nightclub in Mayfair that was often visited by his wife's cousins Prince William and Prince Harry in their youth. He now works as a brand ambassador for Casamigos tequila.
Marriage and familyEdit
In 2011, Brooksbank began dating Princess Eugenie of York, the younger daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah, Duchess of York. On 22 January 2018, the Duke of York's office at Buckingham Palace announced their engagement. In April 2018, the couple moved from their residence at St James's Palace to Ivy Cottage, in the grounds of Kensington Palace. Their wedding took place on 12 October 2018, at St George's Chapel, Windsor. Contrary to press speculation that Brooksbank would be created "Earl of Northallerton", he has not been elevated to the peerage after marrying into the royal family, following a trend in recent years for a male commoner not to be awarded one upon marriage to a princess.
- Davies, Gareth (12 October 2018). "Princess Eugenie's royal wedding to Jack Brooksbank: Live updates from the Windsor Castle celebrations". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- "Twitter". mobile.twitter.com. Retrieved 9 January 2020.
- Burke, B. (1965). Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry. Sir Bernard Burke. p. 400. Retrieved 28 August 2020.
...Godfrey Holland [b.1872],... Horsham , Sussex , son of the late Sir Arthur Holland [1843-1928], of Holmhurst, Wimbledon, and has issue...Joanna Holland [b.1926] m. Michael Newton....Nicola Newton [b.1953]...
- Dangremond, Sam (10 October 2018). "6 Things to Know About Jack Brooksbank's Family Ahead of His Wedding to Princess Eugenie". Town and Country. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- Silverman, Rose (22 January 2018). "Who is Jack Brooksbank, the wine merchant fiancé of Princess Eugenie?". The Telegraph. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- Kidd, C. (1990). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage 1990. Debrett's Peerage. ISBN 9780333388471. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
....Rosemary Olive (Baroness Hamilton of Dalzell), b 1910: m 1935, 3rd Baron Hamilton of Dalzell. Residence – Garden Cottage, Snowdenham House, Bramley, Guildford.— Celia Dorothy, b 1919: m 1942, Stamp Godfrey Brooksbank, Capt ...
- Burgess, K. (22 January 2018). "Princess Eugenie to marry in autumn". The Times. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
He is a descendant of the Brooksbank baronets and his ancestors include Stamp Brooksbank, a governor of the Bank of England in the 18th century, Thomas Coke, second Earl of Leicester, and Sir John (Jack) Spencer Coke, who was gentleman usher to King George VI.
- Black, A and C (1961). "Who was who: A Companion to Who's Who". A. & C. Black, 1961. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
COKE, Major Hon. Sir John (Spencer), K.C.V.O., or. 1953 (C.V.O. 1946); Scots Guards, retired ; Extra Gentleman Usher to the Queen since 1952 (Gentleman Usher in Ordinary, ...
- Kidd, Charles (June 1990). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage. Debrett's Peerage – 1 June 1990. ISBN 9780312046408. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
B 130 – Brooksbank (1919).... George Edward Hugh, b 1949; ed Eton: m 1985, ... Jack born 1986, Thomas born 1988...
- Tominey, C. (6 October 2018). "Princess Eugenie's future mother-in-law 'excited' as son weds into monarchy". The Telegraph. UK Daily Telegraph – 6 October 2018. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
Tom is an Old Etonian, like their father, George, and is believed to be the best man on the big day....The couple split their time between London and France's Bordeaux wine region where they own a three-bedroom stone farmhouse
- Puente, M. "Princess Eugenie's groom: Who is Jack Brooksbank? And how does he know George Clooney?". USA TODAY – 11 October 2018. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
But unlike Eugenie, who graduated from Newcastle University in 2009 with a degree in art and English literature, Brooksbank left Bristol University and went into the restaurant and bar industry, working first as a bartender.
- "Meet the bride and groom". BBC News. 11 October 2018. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- Canada, HELLO!. "Princess Eugenie's fiancé Jack Brooksbank has a connection to George Clooney". ca.hellomagazine.com. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- Boyle, Danny; Furness, Hannah (22 January 2018). "Princess Eugenie engaged to Jack Brooksbank: Couple 'float with laughter and love', says Duchess of York in gushing tweets". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- Perry, Simon (1 May 2018). "Princess Eugenie and Her Fiancé Jack Brooksbank Just Moved Next Door to Harry and Meghan!". People. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Jack Brooksbank Royal Title – Why Princess Eugenie's Fiancé Won't Get a Title". Townandcountrymag.com. 11 October 2018. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "Why didn't Princess Eugenie's commoner groom get a title?". USA Today. 12 October 2018. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- "Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank celebrate birth of son name Arthur Brooksbank". Sky News. 9 February 2021. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank name baby son". BBC. 20 February 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2012.