James Maitland Stewart (May 20, 1908 – July 2, 1997) was an American actor and military officer. In his career, he starred in many movies considered classics and was nominated for five Oscars, winning one in competition and one life achievement. Stewart became so familiar to the American public that he was most usually referred to by them as "Jimmy" Stewart.
James Maitland Stewart
May 20, 1908
|Died||July 2, 1997 (aged 89)|
|Other names||Jimmy Stewart|
|Spouse(s)||Gloria Hatrick (1949–1994)|
NYFCC Award for Best Actor
- "Great Western Performers".
- "AFI's 100 YEARS...100 STARS". Archived from the original on 2013-01-13. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "Historically Speaking: From Actor to Major General and Back". October 2017. Archived from the original on 2018-02-18. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
Other websites Edit
- James Stewart on IMDb
- James Stewart at the TCM Movie Database
- James Stewart at the Internet Broadway Database
- Obituary, NY Times, July 3, 1997, James Stewart, the Hesitant Hero, Dies at 89
- The Jimmy Stewart Museum
- Presidential Medal of Freedom: Jimmy Stewart Archived 2021-04-29 at the Wayback Machine