Jaswant Singh (born 3 January 1938) is an Indian politician. He is a founding member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He is one of India's longest serving parliamentarians serving as an member of parliament between 1980 and 2014.
He was the Minister of Finance, External Affairs and Defence. He was Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission (1998–99). After his party lost power in 2004, Jaswant Singh w as Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha from 2004 to 2009.
In mid-2010s, Singh wrote a book praising Jinnah. As a result, he was was expelled from the BJP on 29 March 2014 and was forced off any elections he was running in under the party. He lost the election to the candidate put up by his former party.
- "Jaswant's expulsion is the BJP's gift to the RSS". Rediff. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "BJP expels Jaswant Singh over Jinnah book - Livemint". www.livemint.com. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Jaswant Singh to challenge Hamid Ansari test Vice-President's post". 16 July 2012.
- Jaswant Singh rules out withdrawal from Barmer Lok Sabha seat. The Indian Express (29 March 2014). Retrieved on 2014-05-21.
- BJP expels defiant Jaswant Singh for 6 years. Hindustan Times. Retrieved on 21 May 2014.
- "Jaswant Singh in coma after severe head injury, condition 'highly critical'". 2014-08-08.