Jennifer Grey (born March 26, 1960) is an American actress. She was known for her roles in the 1980s movie such as Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Dirty Dancing. She was nominated for a Golden Globe Award. Her father is actor Joel Grey.
Clark Gregg (m. 2001)
|Relatives||Mickey Katz (grandfather)|
Grey was born on March 26, 1960 in New York City, New York to Joel Gray and to Jo Wilder. She studied at Dalton School. Grey has been married to Clark Gregg since 2001. They have one daughter, Stella.
In the early 1990s, Grey had two rhinoplasty procedures—the second of which was necessary to correct problems stemming from the first. Even even close friends to fail to recognize her, and the major change in her appearance hurt her career. Of the experience she said, "I went in the operating room a celebrity—and came out anonymous. It was like being in a witness protection program or being invisible."
Grey briefly thought about changing her name and starting anew, but decided against this.
- "Jennifer Grey Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story". The Biography Channel. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- "Jennifer Grey: Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- "Dirty Dancing - Dirty Dancer Grey's Nightmare Nose Job". Contactmusic. October 29, 2006
- Byrne, Bridget (March 21, 1999). "New Sitcom, New Nose, Same Old Jennifer Grey". The Washington Post..
- Hamilton, Kendall (March 22, 1999). "It's Like, Uh ... Jennifer Grey". Newsweek. pp. 73–74.
- Huff, Richard (March 28, 1999). "Like, You Know... L.a. Has A Funny Bone, Too". Daily News.
- "Dancing With the Stars Sources Confirm Margaret Cho and Jennifer Grey — Guess Which One Gets Derek Hough". eonline.com.