John E. Bryson (born July 24, 1943) is an American politician. He was the 37th Secretary of Commerce. The Senate confirmed him by a 74–26 vote on October 20, 2011. He became Secretary on October 21, 2011. He is the former Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President of Edison International, the parent company of Southern California Edison. He left office on June 11, 2012.
|37th United States Secretary of Commerce|
October 21, 2011 – June 11, 2012
|Deputy||Rebecca Blank (Acting)|
|Preceded by||Rebecca Blank (Acting)|
|Succeeded by||Rebecca Blank (Acting)|
|Born||July 24, 1943|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Political party||Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||Stanford University|
- Profile at Bloomberg Businessweek
- Profile Archived 2012-05-08 at the Wayback Machine at Forbes
- Profile at The Walt Disney Company
- Works by or about John Bryson in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- John Bryson is the Right Man at the Right Time to Lead Commerce Department, Frances Beinecke, President of NRDC, May 31, 2011