Jordi Pujol i Soley (Catalan pronunciation: [ˈʒɔrði puˈʒɔɫ i suˈɫɛj], born 9 June 1930) is a Spanish politician. He was the leader of the party Convergència Democràtica de Catalunya (CDC) from 1974 to 2003, and President of the Generalitat de Catalunya from 1980 to 2003.
Pujol in October 2008
President of the Generalitat of Catalonia
24 April 1980 – 17 December 2003
|Preceded by||Josep Tarradellas|
|Succeeded by||Pasqual Maragall|
|Minister without Portfolio|
5 December 1977 – 24 April 1980
|Preceded by||New title|
|Succeeded by||Post abolished|
|Member of the Congress of Deputies|
15 June 1977 – 12 March 1980
|Born||9 June 1930|
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
|Political party||CiU (CDC)|
- "A biography of Jordi Pujol - Activist". www.jordipujol.cat. Retrieved May 19, 2011.
- Biography at Spanish Congress site
- Interview with Jordi Pujol, "We Can No Longer Hope for Anything from the Spanish State"
- Interview with Jordi Pujol, "We (the Catalans) Are Excluded From the Spanish Global Project"
- President Pujol Library, at Biblioteca de Catalunya