capital city of Kōchi prefecture, Japan
- 1889 – Modern city was incorporated
- 1904 – Tram service began
- 1951 – Connection to the national rail network
- Deal, William E. (2005). Handbook to Life in Medieval and Early Modern Japan, p. 74.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2002). "Kōchi" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 538.
- Nussbaum, "Kōchi prefecture" at p. 538.
- Jacobs, A.J. "Japan's Evolving Nested Municipal Hierarchy: The Race for Local Power in the 2000s," Urban Studies Research, Vol. 2011 (2011), p. 8 [PDF 8 of 14]; "Kochi" at Triposo.com[permanent dead link]; excerpt, "... first core city on Shikoku". Retrieved 2012-12-5.
Other websites change
- Kōchi official website (in English); (in Japanese)
- Geographic data related to Kōchi, Kōchi at OpenStreetMap