Kansas State Wildcats
The Kansas State Wildcats (variously "Kansas State", "K-State", or "KSU") are the athletic teams for Kansas State University. The official color of the teams is Royal Purple. This makes Kansas State one of very few schools (as well as Syracuse and Harvard) that have only one official color; white and silver are generally used as complementary colors.
|Kansas State Wildcats|
|University||Kansas State University|
|Athletic director||Gene Taylor|
|Football stadium||Bill Snyder Family Stadium|
|Basketball arena||Bramlage Coliseum|
|Baseball stadium||Tointon Family Stadium|
|Soccer stadium||Memorial Stadium|
|Other arenas||Ahearn Field House|
|Mascot||Willie the Wildcat|
|Fight song||Wildcat Victory|
|Colors||Royal Purple and White|
|Men's sports||Women's sports|
|Track and field†||Tennis|
|Track and field†|
|† – Track and field includes both indoor and outdoor.|
Kansas State's football team officially started playing in 1896 with a 14–0 loss to Fort Riley on November 28, 1896.
|Major conference championships (1913–present)*|
|Football||3||(The Big 12 Conference awards KSU 4 additional titles for winning its North Division)|
|Men's basketball, regular season||18|
|Men's basketball, conf. tournament||9|
|Women's basketball, regular season||13|
|Women's basketball, conf. tournament||4|
|Baseball, regular season||4|
|Cross country, men||13|
|Cross country, women||3|
|Indoor track and field, men||3|
|Indoor track and field, women||1|
|Outdoor track and field, men||1|
|Outdoor track and field, women||4|
- * Not counting titles earned in the Kansas Intercollegiate Athletic Association, through the 1912–13 school year. Kansas State captured at least ten championships in the old Kansas Conference, in track (1906, 1908, 1909), baseball (1907, 1908), football (1909, 1910, 1912), and basketball (1910, 1913).
- "Athletics Director Gene Taylor". Kansas State Wildcats. April 17, 2017. Retrieved April 17, 2017.
- Kansas State University Brand Guide (PDF). Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "Traditions". Kansas State Wildcats. June 30, 2015. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
- "Year-by-Year Results for Kansas State" (English). Retrieved August 31, 2009.[dead link]
- "BigEightSports.com". Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Big Eight Conference basketball history" (PDF). Big 12 Conference. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Big Eight Conference football record book" (PDF). Big 12 Conference. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "All-Time Big 12 Championships". Big12Sports.com. Retrieved August 8, 2011.
- Wiebrecht, F.E., ed. (1926). Royal Purple. Kansas State. p. 224.