Kunar (Pashto: کونړ) is one of the 34 provinces of Afghanistan. It is in the northeastern part of the country. Its capital is Asadabad. About 413,008 people live in the province. Most of them are Pashtuns.
|• Governor||Muhammad Qasim Khalid|
|• Deputy Governor||Abdullah |
|• Police Chief||Abdul Haq Haqqani|
|• Total||4,339 km2 (1,675 sq mi)|
|• Density||120/km2 (300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+4:30 (Afghanistan Time)|
|ISO 3166 code||AF-KNR|
The districts in Kunar Province as of March 2004 are:
|Asadabad||29,177||Is the Capital of Kunar Province, which includes Asadabad and adjacent towns, immediately surrounding the confluence of the Pech and Kunar Rivers|
|Dara-I-Pech||44,958||Commonly known as the Pech District or Manogai District|
|Ghaziabad||Ghaziabad||7,500||formerly northern Bar Kunar District|
|Narang Aw Badil||27,937|
|Shaigal Aw Shiltal||33,781||formed from northeastern Dangam District|
|Wata Pur||28,778||formed from northwestern Asadabad District|
- "د نږدې شلو ولایاتو لپاره نوي والیان او امنیې قوماندانان وټاکل شول". November 7, 2021.
- "Estimated Population of Afghanistan 2021-22" (PDF). nsia.gov.af. National Statistic and Information Authority (NSIA). April 2021. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 24, 2021. Retrieved June 30, 2021.
- "Afghanistan Administrative Divisions" Archived 2010-09-23 at the Wayback Machine map, March 2007, Afghanistan Information Management Services (AIMS)
- "Kunar Provincial profile" Afghanistan Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD), as of 7 October 2010
- Afghanistan Geographic & Thematic Layers