Motto in English
|Freedom of academic culture|
|Established||Founded June 18, 1897|
|Endowment||¥ 250.2 billion (2.2 billion USD)|
|2,864 (Teaching Staff)|
|5,397 (Total Staff)|
135 ha (333 acres)
|Athletics||48 varsity teams|
|Affiliations||Kansai Big Six, Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning|
Kyoto Imperial University (京都帝國大學, Kyōto-teikoku-daigaku) was established on June 1897 as a part of the Imperial university system.
In October 1947, Kyoto Imperial University was renamed Kyoto University.
Kyoto University has the following schools.
- Faculty of Integrated Human Studies
- Faculty & Graduate School of Letters
- Faculty & Graduate School of Education
- Faculty & Graduate School of Law
- Faculty & Graduate School of Economics
- Faculty & Graduate School of Science
- Faculty & Graduate School of Medicine
- Faculty & Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty & Graduate School of Engineering
- Faculty & Graduate School of Agriculture
- "Kyoto University: 2008/2009 Facts and Figures" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on July 29, 2012. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- http://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/ja/issue/ku_eprofile/documents/facts_2008.pdf%7C[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on July 29, 2012. Retrieved 2008-10-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Kyoto University, "Historical Sketch"; retrieved 2012-6-10.
- Kyoto University, "Chronological Table"; retrieved 2012-6-10.
- "Departments". Kyoto University. Archived from the original on May 21, 2011.
- A law school (school for students who want be a lawyer) is independently operated.
- School of Public Health is independently operated.
Media related to Kyoto University at Wikimedia Commons