It also means mute in Persian and is a native Dutch word (not an acronym) which means "fun" ("lollig" means "funny"). In Welsh, lol means nonsense - e.g., if a person wanted to say "utter nonsense" in Welsh, they would say "rwtsh lol". LOL is usually used on the internet or when text messaging.
Words similar to "LOL" Edit
- lolz, lulz, lul, lawls: Sometimes used instead of LOL, but can have other meanings.
- LOOOOOL: For more emphasis. Any amount of "OL"s can be added to the end of LOL.
- LMAO: Stands for "Laugh my ass off". Another way to say it is LMFAO ("Laugh my fucking ass off").
- ROFL: For "rolling on the floor laughing". It is often combined with LMAO to make ROFLMAO ("Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off"). Another way to write this is ROTFL.
- ROTFLOL: Rolling on the floor laughing out loud; used by Weird Al in the song "White and Nerdy".
- LEL: Basically lol; except used by those wanting to be different from the millions of internet users.
- kek: The Japanese version of saying Lol.
Related page Edit
- "Welsh-English Lexicon". Cardiff School of Computer Science. Archived from the original on 2008-12-17. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- "Urban Dictionary: used in chat and text messaging". urbandictionary.com. 2011. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "LMAO". NetLingo. Retrieved April 12, 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Lel". Urban Dictionary. 28 May 2008. Retrieved 10 December 2015.