Latakia is (Arabic: اللَاذِقِيَّة al-Lādhiqīyah), is the main port city of Syria. It is the 4th largest city in Syria after Aleppo, Damascus and Homs with 383,786 inhabitants. It is the capital of the Latakia Governorate. Tishreen University is in the city.
A Collage of Latakia
|• Governor||Abdulqader Abdulsheikh|
|• Land||58 km2 (22 sq mi)|
|• Metro||108 km2 (42 sq mi)|
|Elevation||11 m (36 ft)|
Latakia is the home city of two football clubs: Teshrin Sports Club was founded in 1947, and Hutteen Sports Club was founded in 1945. Both teams play in the al-Assad Stadium. There is also Latakia Sports City complex. It was built in 1987 to host the 1987 Mediterranean Games.
- H. Zain / Mazen / H. Sabbagh (23 April 2011). "New Governor of Lattakia sworn in". Syrian Arab News Agency. Archived from the original on 26 April 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "Latakia city population". Archived from the original on 2013-03-17. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-03-17. Retrieved 2012-07-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Teshrin SC Archived 2013-10-07 at the Wayback Machine Welt Fussball Archive.
- Al-Hutteen SC Archived 2013-10-07 at the Wayback Machine Welt Fussball Archive.