Kimberly Denise Jones, better known as Lil' Kim, (born July 11, 1974 in Brooklyn, New York) is an African-American rap artist and actress. She released her first album, Hard Core, in 1996. It was very successful. In 2001 she released a single with Christina Aguilera, Mýa, and Pink called "Lady Marmalade" for the Moulin Rouge! soundtrack which reached number 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100, making her the first female rapper to have a number 1 on that chart. It also reached number 1 in 13 other countries and won two MTV Video Music Awards and a Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals. Kim also rapped on Aguilera's 2003 single "Can't Hold Us Down", which was nominated for the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals.
Lil' Kim performing
Kimberly Denise Jones
July 11, 1974 (age 46)
In 1999 Kim started her own record label, Queen Bee Entertainment. In 2010 the name changed to International Rock Star Records. In 2012 Kim signed Tiffany Foxx to the label. In 1994 Kim was a member of rap group Junior M.A.F.I.A.. They released one album, Conspiracy. Kim left the group in late 2001.
In 2003 Kim released a single called "Magic Stick". 50 Cent raps in it. It reached No.2 in the Hot 100. It was also nominated for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group at the Grammy Awards. In 2012 she did a tour of the United States, Return of the Queen Tour.
Kim released her first solo single in four years, "Looks Like Money" in 2013. On November 29 (Black Friday), 2013 Kim is going to release a mixtape, Hard Core 2K13. She released the first song from it, "Dead Gal Walking" Halloween 2013.
- Hard Core (November 12, 1996) (Big Beat Records)
- The Notorious K.I.M. (June 27, 2000) (Atlantic Records)
- La Bella Mafia (March 4, 2003) (Atlantic Records)
- The Naked Truth (September 27, 2005) (Atlantic Records)
- Dance Remixes (June 6, 2006)
- http://hiphopdx.com, HipHopDX- (12 September 2014). "Lil' Kim "Hard Core" Release Date, Cover Art, Tracklist, Download & Mixtape Stream". HipHopDX.
- "chris brown is cute - Google Search". www.google.com. Retrieved 2017-11-02. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)