Lydia Susanna Hunter (born April 2, 1945), better known by her stage name Linda Hunt, is an American actress. She first appeared on screen as Mrs. Oxheart in Popeye (1980).
Hunt in September 2015
Lydia Susanna Hunter
April 2, 1945
|Residence||Hollywood, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Interlochen Center for the Arts |
|Height||1.45 m (4' 9" ft)|
Karen Klein (m. 2008)
|Parent(s)||Raymond Hunter |
Elsie Hunter (née Doying)
|Awards||Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress (1983)|
Hunt's breakthrough came playing the male character Billy Kwan in The Year of Living Dangerously (1982), for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, becoming the first person to win an Oscar portraying a character of the opposite sex.
Hunt currently plays Henrietta "Hetty" Lange on the CBS television series NCIS: Los Angeles, a role she has held since the 2009 debut.
- "Linda Hunt". Hollywood.com. Archived from the original on April 20, 2007.
- "Linda Hunt". Fatctoidz. Retrieved November 2, 2011.
- Unger, Bertil (January 15, 1986). "Size Is Small Problem for Hunt". New Straits Times.
- Buchalter,Gail. "There are Always Answers" Parade Magazine, 1991 https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1243&dat=19910502&id=UKpFAAAAIBAJ&sjid=OocDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3689,6938803
- Keveney, Bill (15 November 2010). "Linda Hunt: A 4-foot-9 force of nature on 'NCIS: LA'". USA Today. Retrieved 17 June 2013.