Wikimedia disambiguation page
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: line.|
Line or lines could mean:
- Line, a type of geometric figure that is made up of an endless number of points.
- a length of rope, cable or chain when put to use (such as a clothesline, anchor line)
- a line or queue of people waiting in a queue area
- a line of text in writing
- Lines (punishment), punishment by forced writing of text
- relationships in genetics and genealogy, such as Lineage (evolution) and kinship and descent
- lines of cocaine
- Lines (video game)
- A one-, two- or three-line whip, a notice issued by a Chief Whip in the UK parliament
- Dick Lines (born 1938), former Canadian baseball player
- Richard D. Lines, American amateur astronomer
In science and technology:
- Line (electrical engineering), a circuit or loop
- Line (video), a measure of video display resolution or image resolution
- line, former name of the unit of magnetic flux, the Maxwell (unit)
- Line (length), an obsolete unit of length equal to one-twelfth or one-tenth of an inch
- a railway line
- Shipping line, a company engaged in sea transport
- A bus line, see List of bus operating companies
In the military:
- Line (formation), a standard tactical formation of forces
- Line infantry, a line formation of infantrymen who were part of the "Line Regiments"
- Line of battle, in naval warfare, a line of warships, hence "ship of the line"
- The point spread in spread betting
- in cricket, the direction of a delivery, see line and length
- Offensive line or defensive line in American football
- Line (racing), in auto racing, a path taken through a corner
In the arts:
- Line (play), a long-running play written by Israel Horovitz
- Lines (Emily Brontë poem), written in December 1837
- "Lines", abbreviation for "Lines Composed a Few Miles above Tintern Abbey, on Revisiting the Banks of the Wye during a Tour. July 13, 1798," a poem by William Wordsworth
The abbreviation LINE could mean:
- Division of Lyne, Australian electorial district
- Lyne (surname)
- Lyne, Denmark (town)
- Liner (disambiguation)
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Line.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.