List of Dalriadan monarchs
This is a list of monarchs who ruled Dalriada or Dál Riata, most reigns we are unsure of, so some reigns will be represented by their death and next to that a possible reign. All reigns from 726 are most likely true except Alpín I, Eógan and Indrechtach which we do not know the reign of.
|Kingdom of Dalriada|
|Map of Dalriada|
|Monarchy started||5th century|
- Loarn (unknown death) (unknown) est.
- Fergus Mór (unknown death) (-501) est. (sometimes 496-499)
- Domangart Réti (unknown death) (501-507) est.
- Comgall (died c. 540) (507-540) est. (possibly 505-540)
- Gabrán (died c. 560) (540-560) est.
- Conall I (died c. 574) (560-574) est.
- Áedan (died c. 606) (574-606) est.
- Eochaid Buide (died c. 629) (606-629) est.
- Connad Cerr (died c. 629, before Eochaid) (-629) est.
- Domnall Brecc (died c. 642) (629-642) est.
- Ferchar (unknown death) (642-unknown) est. (before 654)
After the Battle of Mag RathEdit
- Dúnchad I (died c. 654) (after 642-654) est.
- Conall Crandomna (died c. 660) (654-660) est.
- Domangart (died c. 660 ?) (660) est.
- Máel Dúin (died c. 689) (660-689) est.
- Domnall Donn (died c. 696) (689-696) est.
- Ferchar Fota (died c. 697) (696-697) est.
- Eochaid I (unknown death) (697?) est.
- Ainbcellach (deposed c. 698)
- Fiannamail (died 700) (698-700) est.
- Béc (died 707) (700-707) est.
- Dúnchad II (died 721) (707-721) est.
- Selbach (abdicated 723) (721-723) est.
- Dúngal (deposed 726) (723-726) est.
- Eochaid II (726-733)
- Muiredach (733-736)
- Alpín I (c. 736-unknown)
- Eógan (unknown-c. before 741)
- Indrechtach (died 741)
Dalriada was ruled by possibly Pictish kings from 736-750, no kings are known during this period (after 741). There is also a possibility that it was a puppet state of Pictland ruled by some Pictish lords.
No-one knows the kings who rules Dalriada from the year 792-805 although Causatantín could have ruled during this time when he was king of the Picts.
- "ScottishHistory.com". www.scottishhistory.com. Retrieved 2017-06-03.
- "Dalriadic Scots (500-846 AD) - DBA 61a". www.fanaticus.org. Retrieved 2017-06-03.
- "magoo.com: Scots Kings—Including Kings of Dal Riada who Reigned from Ireland by Hugh McGough". magoo.com. Retrieved 2017-06-03.