Lord Don't Slow Me Down
Lord Don't Slow Me Down is a rockumentary movie. It looks back on British band Oasis' Don't Believe the Truth world tour. The tour took place from May 2005 to March 2006. The movie is directed by Baillie Walsh. It went platinum in the UK.
|Lord Don't Slow Me Down|
|Directed by||Baillie Walsh|
|Produced by||Josh Barwick & Donald Taylor|
|Edited by||Struan Clay|
|Distributed by||Black Dog Films|
|29 October 2007|
|94:19 min |
TV edit: 56:24 min
A handful of fans-only private screenings took place around the world. The world premiere of the movie at the Directors Guild Theater in New York City on 4 November 2006 as part of the CMJ Film Festival. The UK television premiere was on Channel 4 on 19 November, at 11:50PM. It was a heavily edited version with about 40 minutes cut from the original 95 minute version. The movie was first shown to go along with Oasis' compilation album Stop the Clocks, released on 20 November 2006. A preview of the movie was included on the Let There Be Love DVD single, released in November 2005.
The movie features a new Oasis song also called "Lord Don't Slow Me Down", written by Noel Gallagher and recorded during the Don't Believe the Truth sessions. Gallagher described it as being "one of the best things, like The Who, The Yardbirds and the Jeff Beck Group combined, and it's got two drum solos on it!". He has also said that his girlfriend thought it was the only Oasis song you could dance to. The song was left off Don't Believe the Truth because Gallagher felt that including it would have meant he'd have been singing too many songs on the record. Italian footballer Alessandro Del Piero also appears in the video signing a shirt for Noel.
Lord Don't Slow Me Down was released on DVD on 29 October 2007. The DVD set contents:
- Documentary tour movie Lord Don’t Slow Me Down in stereo and surround sound.
- Bonus audio commentary featuring the members of the band
- A Noel Gallagher Q&A session with the fans filmed in New York in 2006
- Oasis live at City of Manchester Stadium on 2 July 2005 in HD with stereo and surround sound.
This concert has also been shown regularly on the HD music television channel, "Rave."
- Unique footage and pictures sent in by fans who attended the concert
- Official Oasis Website
- 'Lord Don't Slow Me Down' webcast preview on MSN Music Archived 2007-10-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Oasis Rock forum Archived 2008-02-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Review at Bandidge.com Archived 2008-02-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Lord Don't Slow Me Down on IMDb
- Lord Don't Slow Me Down at AllMovie