Malaysia Airlines Berhad is the flag carrier airline of Malaysia. Its home base is Kuala Lumpur International Airport and its secondary hubs are Kota Kinabalu and Kuching. The airline is based in Greater Kuala Lumpur. It is a member of the Oneworld airline alliance.
|Founded||1 May 1947Malayan Airways)(as|
|Commenced operations||MAS: 1 October 1972|
MAB: 1 September 2015 (relaunched)
|Hubs||Kuala Lumpur International Airport|
|Focus cities||Penang International Airport|
|Parent company||Khazanah Nasional Berhad|
Malaysia Aviation Group
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Sepang, Malaysia|
|Key people||Izham Ismail (CEO)|
Omar Siddiq Amin Noer Rashid (CFO)
|Net income||MYR 60 million (2017 Q1)|
|Profit||MYR 18 million (2017 Q1)|
In March 2014, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to Beijing Capital International Airport went missing with 239 people. It is believed the plane crashed.  In July 2014, Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to Kuala Lumpur International Airport was shot down by a missile. That crash killed 298 people.  Malaysia Airlines has been going through many problems after those 2 accidents. 
Airline food on Malaysia Airlines.
- "Malaysia Airlines to Join Oneworld in February". Malaysiandigest.com. 30 October 2012. Archived from the original on 2 November 2012. Retrieved 17 February 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Malaysia Airlines: State fund proposes takeover". BBC News. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Khazanah Nasional Berhad". Archived from the original on 28 April 2015. Retrieved 24 April 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Will MH370's disappearance forever remain a mystery?".
- "298 killed after Malaysian airliner shot down in Ukraine".
- "Malaysia Airlines' Puzzling Revived 747 Is Back In Service! - One Mile at a Time". 18 April 2016.
- "Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet Had 'Ground Collision' in 2012".