Marsha Virginia Hunt (born October 17, 1917) is a retired American movie, theater, and television actress. She was blacklisted by Hollywood movie studio executives in the 1950s. She was known for her roles in Johnny Got His Gun, Raw Deal, Born to the West, Pilot #5, and in Pride and Prejudice.
Marcia Virginia Hunt
October 17, 1917
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Jerry Hopper (1938-1945)|
Robert Presnell Jr. (1946-1986) (his death) (1 child)
She was also supportive of humanitarian causes such as fighting world hunger. She has also donated to homeless shelters, supported same-sex marriage, raised awareness of climate change and supported peace in Third World countries.
Hunt married producer Jerry "Jay" Hopper from 1938. They divorced in 1943. Hunt married her second husband, screenwriter and radio director Robert Presnell Jr. in 1946. She had a premature daughter who died in 1947. She and her second husband later became foster parents. They remained together until his death in 1986.
- Moore, Solomon. "Move to Valley Signaled Career Upswing". Los Angeles Times June 11, 1997 
- Slide, Anthony. Actors on Red Alert: Career Interviews with Five Actors and Actresses Affected by the Blacklist pp 47-49 Scarecrow Press, 1999
- Kinser, Jeremy (October 13, 2017). "Marsha Hunt at 100: The Actress Recalls the Blacklist, Film Noir and Being Cast in Gone with the Wind". MovieMaker. Retrieved October 4, 2019.
As Marsha Hunt’s 100th birthday approaches (she hits the century mark October 17), it’s time to celebrate an actress who, while not a household name, probably should be.
- "Marsha Hunt". Hollywood Walk of Fame. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- Slide, pp. 56-57.
- "Married Today". Argus Leader. Sioux Falls, South Dakota. November 23, 1938. p. 1. Retrieved October 17, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Hunt, Marsha (1917—)". Encyclopedia.com. Archived from the original on January 15, 2021. Retrieved January 15, 2021.
married Jerry Hopper (editor, then director), in 1938 (divorced 1943)
- "Screenwriter Robert Presnell Jr. Dies at Age 71". Los Angeles Times. June 17, 1986. Archived from the original on October 18, 2016. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
- "Marsha Hunt Weds Robert Presnell, Jr". The Town Talk. Alexandria, Louisiana. February 11, 1946. p. 14. Retrieved October 18, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- Slide, p. 60
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marsha Hunt.|
- Marsha Hunt documentary film Archived 2021-01-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Marsha Hunt on IMDb
- Marsha Hunt at the Internet Broadway Database
- Interview with Glenn Lovell for 50 YEARS: SAG REMEMBERS THE BLACKLIST
- Interview with Elizabeth Farnsworth on PBS's "Newshour" about Blacklisting Archived 2014-01-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Attitude Toward Aging with Marsha Hunt, WebMD Live Events Transcript
- Marsha Hunt on the cover of Life magazine ; March 6 1950
- Interview October, 2014 in the Indianapolis Star