Mary Pickford (April 8, 1892– May 29, 1979) was a silent movie actress. She was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.She won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in Coquette. She was married to actor Charles "Buddy" Rogers.
Pickford was co-founder of United Artists. She was one of the original 36 founders of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. She married silent movie star Douglas Fairbanks. They lived in a Hollywood home called Pickfair. The American Film Institute named Pickford 24th among the greatest female stars of all time.
Media related to Mary Pickford at Wikimedia Commons
- Mary Pickford at the Internet Broadway Database
- Mary Pickford on IMDb
- Mary Pickford at the TCM Movie Database
- About Mary Pickford, from the website of the Mary Pickford Institute for Film Education
- Mary Pickford CBC Radio interview May 25, 1959
- Footage of Mary Pickford with Charlie Chaplin and Douglas Fairbanks in 1919