Meghan Elizabeth Trainor (born December 22, 1993) is an American singer-songwriter and musician. She was born and raised in Nantucket, Massachusetts. The president of Epic Records, L.A. Reid, discovered Trainor and signed her to a record contract. She became famous through her song "All About That Bass", which reached number one in several countries around the world, including the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Trainor's debut major label album, Title, spawned three other successful singles: "Lips Are Movin'", "Dear Future Husband", and "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" which features R&B singer John Legend. Trainor also recorded, co-wrote, and co-produced the song "Better When I'm Dancin'", which is featured during the closing credits of The Peanuts Movie. She was featured on singer-songwriter Charlie Puth's single "Marvin Gaye".
Trainor performing at The Today Show during Fleet Week New York in May 2015
Meghan Elizabeth Trainor
December 22, 1993
Daryl Sabara (m. 2018)
At the 2016 Grammy Awards, Trainor won the award for Best New Artist. On March 5, 2016, she released the lead single from her second major-label album, Thank You, titled "No". Thank You was released on May 13, 2016. "Me Too" was released on May 5, 2016, as the second single from the album.
In 2017, she became engaged to actor Daryl Sabara, who is known for his role in the movie Spy Kids, after dating since 2016. In 2018, she released the single "No Excuses" and announced that she was working on a new album.
- Studio albums
- "Meghan Trainor". All Music. Retrieved September 14, 2014.
- "Top Executive: Epic Records' L.A. Reid on Tidal, Meghan Trainor's Winning Streak and Mariah Carey's Return". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-03-10.
- "Meghan Trainor: No - Music on Google Play". Google Play. March 5, 2016. Retrieved May 12, 2016.
- "iTunes Store (US) - Music - Meghan Trainor - Thank You (Deluxe)". iTunes Store (US). May 13, 2016. Retrieved May 12, 2016.
- "Meghan Trainor: Me Too - Music on Google Play". Google Play. May 5, 2016. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- "Meghan Trainor Is Engaged to Daryl Sabara — See the Emotional Moment She Said 'Yes!'". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2018-03-10.