Michael Cullen (politician)
Sir Michael John Cullen KNZM (born 5 February 1945) is a British-born New Zealand Labour politician and historian. He held key job positions during the Helen Clark cabinet such as Deputy Prime Minister of New Zealand from 2002 to 2008.
In 1981, he was elected to the New Zealand Parliament.
He was Deputy Prime Minister of New Zealand from 2002 to 2008 during the Helen Clark cabinet. He was also Minister of Finance from 1999 to 2008 and Attorney-General in 2005 and again from 2006 to 2008.
In 1967, he married Rowena Joy Knight. They divorced in 1989. That same year, he married then-MP Anne Fraser.
- "Hon Dr Michael Cullen". New Zealand Parliament. Archived from the original on 1 November 2007. Retrieved 5 December 2007.
- "Cullen leaves politics for NZ Post role". The New Zealand Herald. 7 April 2009.
- Cullen, Michael (10 December 2012). "The Political Economy of Long Term Fiscal planning from a Social Democratic Perspective" (PDF). Affording Our Future Conference. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "The Queen's Birthday and Diamond Jubilee Honours List 2012". New Zealand Honours Lists. Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. Archived from the original on 4 June 2012. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Sir Michael Cullen resigns from roles due to stage-four lung cancer". RNZ News. 6 March 2020. Retrieved 7 March 2020.