Michael A. Smerconish (born March 15, 1962) is a talk show host. He has a radio program on Sirius XM Satellite Radio. He has a television program on Cable News Network (CNN). He is a lawyer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for the law firm Kline and Specter. Smerconish is a columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer. He has often been a guest host for other talk show hosts. This includes Joe Scarborough of MSNBC and Bill O'Reilly of Fox News Network. 
Smerconish had worked for the campaigns of Republicans in the past. He had voted Republican. In 2008, he said he would vote for the Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama. He made this announcement on MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews. On August 20, 2009, Smerconish became the first talk radio host to broadcast live from the Obama White House. That show which included an interview with the President. The interview was held in the Diplomatic Reception Room. That is where President Franklin D. Roosevelt's fireside chats were held. The President took questions from Smerconish and his listeners on a variety of subjects. One subject was the recent debates on the pending Healthcare Reform Bill. Smerconish has interviewed Obama six other times. In 2010, Smerconish said in the Huffington Post that he had switched his party registration from Republican to independent. When it was said that David Duke had been tied to Republican House leader Steve Scalise in the past, Smerconish interviewed Duke to discuss this.
- Flying Blind: How Political Correctness Continues to Compromise Airline Safety Post 9/11 (2004)
- Muzzled: From T-Ball to Terrorism, True Stories that Should Be Fiction (2006)
- Murdered By Mumia: A Life Sentence of Loss, Pain and Injustice (2008)
- Morning Drive: Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Talking (2009)
- Instinct: The Man Who Stopped the 20th Hijacker (2009)
- Talk: a Novel of Politics and the Media (2014)
- "Michael Smerconish". Kline & Specter. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Michael Smerconish Joins CNN". CNN. 10 February 2014. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- Simon van Zuylen-Wood (June/July/August 2014). "The Last Interesting Centrist". Washington Monthly. Retrieved 19 February 2015. Check date values in:
- Natalie Gewargis (17 October 2008). "In Philly, Conservative Talk Radio Host Backs Obama". ABC News Internet Ventures. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "'Hardball with Chris Matthews' for Monday October 20, 2008". NBCNews.com. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Obama is Interviewed by Michael Smerconish". The Washington Post. August 20, 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Michael Smerconish (August 20, 2009). "Michael Smerconish: My exclusive with Barack Obama". Philly.com. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Michael Smerconish. "Michael Smerconish interviews President Obama". MAS Talk. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Michael Smerconish (23 April 2010). "For Me, the Party Is Over". TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- David Neiwert (13 January 2015). "David Duke Again Takes Advantage of Media Airtime to Lie and Mislead". Southern Poverty Law Center. Retrieved 19 February 2015.