In February 2017, Blesa received a six-year jail term in connection with the misuse of company credit cards. Cards were misused by a number of people, including Blesa himself, during the many years he was chairman of Caja Madrid.
- "Ex-Spanish Banker Is Released on Bail After a Night in Jail". The New York Times. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- Ortiz, Fiona (3 March 2014). "Spanish ex-banker Blesa questioned by judge in mis-selling case". Reuters. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- "Spanish court orders ex-bankers to deposit millions of euros". The Daily Mail. 16 October 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- Minder, Raphael G. (18 May 2013). "Former Executive of Caja Madrid Briefly Jailed; Banker Posts Bail after Judge Acts, Even before Charges Are Filed". International Herald Tribune. Questia.com. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- "Spanish Banker Miguel Blesa Found Dead on Country Estate". Reuters. The New York Times. 19 July 2017. Retrieved 19 July 2017. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- López-Fonseca, Óscar (19 July 2017). "Miguel Blesa, hallado muerto en una finca de caza de Córdoba". El País (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 July 2017.