facility directly owned and operated by or for the military
A military base is a place where a country can keep its armed forces. It could be an air base, an army base, or a navy base. It could be inside its home country, in a different, friendly country, or in a country being invaded or occupied.
- Dhekelia Cantonment, Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia; The base has borders with Cyprus and North Cyprus.
- Yavoriv military base, Ukraine
In North America
- Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, Cuba
- Camp Pendleton, California, United States
- Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
- Fort Riley
- Combat outpost (COP)
- Fire support base (FSB, FB)
- Forward Operating Base (FOB)
- Joint base
- Main Operating Base (MOB)
- Marine Corps base
- Military airbase, airfield or field
- Military camp
- Naval air station
- Naval base
- Naval dockyard
- Outpost (OP)
- Proving ground
- ↑ Wragg, David W. (1973). A Dictionary of Aviation (first ed.). Osprey. p. 55. ISBN 9780850451634.
- ↑ Thackrah, J. R. (April 3, 2018). "Military base definition". Collins English Dictionary. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- ↑ https://www.oceansidechamber.com/oceanside-blog/history-of-camp-pendleton. Oceansidechamber.com. Retrieved 2023-03-28