Morgan Porterfield Freeman Jr.
June 1, 1937
Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
|Education||Broad Street High School|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1955–1959|
|Rank||Airman First Class|
Morgan Freeman's voice from BBC Radio 4's The Film Programme, September 12, 2008.
Freeman was born in Memphis, Tennessee on June 1, 1937. He started acting when he was nine years old in a school play and at age 12 won a drama competition in his home State. Morgan worked many acting jobs until 1968 when he got his first role on Broadway in a Musical called Hello, Dolly!. He is known for his soft-spoken voice. He has donated several amounts of money to the Democratic Party. Once he stated that "Republicans scare me."
Some movies that Freeman has been in include:
- Brubaker as Walter (1980)
- Unforgiven as Ned Logan (1992)
- The Shawshank Redemption as Red (1994)
- Outbreak as Gen. Billy Ford (1995)
- Se7en as Detective Lt. William Somerset (1995)
- Bruce Almighty as God (2002)
- Batman Begins as Lucius Fox (2005)
- Evan Almighty as God (2007)
- The Dark Knight as Lucius Fox (2008)
- Invictus as Nelson Mandela (2009)
- RED as Joe (2010)
- The Dark Knight Rises as Lucius Fox (2012)
- Olympus Has Fallen as Speaker of the House Allan Trumbull (2013)
- The Lego Movie as Vitruvius (2014)
- Transcendence as Joseph Tagger (2014)
- Ted 2 as Patrick Meighan (2015)
- London Has Fallen as Vice President Allan Trumbull (2016)
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms as Drosselmeyer (2018)
- "12/09/2008". The Film Programme. September 12, 2008. BBC Radio 4. Archived from the original on February 4, 2011. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- Nace, Trevor. "Morgan Freeman Converted His 124-Acre Ranch Into A Giant Honeybee Sanctuary To Save The Bees". Forbes. Retrieved September 8, 2021.
- Morgan Freeman Biography (1937-)
- Caitlin McDevitt (June 20, 2012). "Morgan Freeman: Republicans 'scare me'". Politico.