Morogoro tanker explosion
|Date||10 August 2019|
|Time||~ 8:30 a.m. EAT (~5:30 UTC) onwards|
|Cause||Crash between a fuel tanker and a motorcyclist|
The incident happened in the town of Morogoro. A fuel tanker crashed and people gathered at the accident site to steal the fuel. The tanker exploded during the looting, burning 60 people to death. Another 55 people were injured in the incident and many suffered serious burns.
- Mwanza, Faraji; Kottasová, Ivana (10 August 2019). "At least 61 people killed in a fuel tanker explosion in Tanzania". CNN. CNN. Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- Msowoya, Tumaini (15 August 2019). "Death toll in Tanzania fuel tanker tragedy climbs to 89". The Citizen. Tanzania: Mwananchi Communications. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "Death toll from Tanzania's fuel tanker explosion rises to 75: official". Archived from the original on 2021-09-23. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "Death toll of Morogoro fuel tanker tragedy rises to 75". The Citizen. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- "Death toll climbs to 75 in Tanzania fuel tanker blast". citizen.co.za. Gauteng, South Africa. 12 August 2019. Retrieved 2019-08-12.