My Bloody Valentine
My Bloody Valentine are an Irish alternative rock band. The band started in Dublin in 1983 and are ended in 1997. In 2007, the band reunited. The band's members are singer and guitarist Kevin Shields, singer and guitarist Bilinda Butcher, bassist Debbie Googe and drummer Colm Ó Cíosóig.
|My Bloody Valentine|
My Bloody Valentine performing live in 2013
|Genres||Alternative rock, shoegazing, post-punk|
|Years active||1983–1997 , 2007 –present|
|Labels||Tycoon, Lazy, Creation, Island, Sony, mbv|
Colm Ó Cíosóig
My Bloody Valentine have released three studio albums. The band's first album, Isn't Anything, was released in 1988 and was successful in the independent music scene in the United Kingdom. After touring for its release, the band recorded Loveless in nineteen different recording studios from 1989 to 1991. Loveless was a success among music critics and influenced lots of other bands. The band stopped performing live in 1993 and tried to record a third album but never finished it. The band broke up in 1997 and reunited in 2007, performing shows around the world. In 2012, Kevin Shields remastered all of the My Bloody Valentine's material on Creation Records and announced plans to release a third album. The album, m b v, was released in 2013 and received very strong reviews from music critics. In December 2013 NME magazine put the album at number 29 in their list of 50 Best Albums Of 2013.
The band has changed their members and style of music a number of times. The band had a post-punk and gothic rock sound on their early releases and later used distortion, pitch bending, and digital reverb to create a new style of rock music called shoegazing.
|UK Indie Chart|
|2013||m b v||—||—||—|
|a dash (—) means it did not appear on the chart.|
- nme. "International Velvet". NME.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "My Bloody Valentine – Music Biography, Credits and Discography". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- "Top 75 Artist Album, Week Ending 10 May 2012". Chart-Track. GfK. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "My Bloody Valentine | Artist". The Official Charts Company. British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- Lazell, Barry (2004). Indie Hits: 1980-1999. Cherry Red Books. ISBN 0-9517206-9-4.