National Diet Library
national library in Japan
Tokyo Main Library of the National Diet Library
|Type||National Library, Parliamentary Library|
|Reference to legal mandate||National Diet Library Law|
|Items collected||books, journals, newspapers, electronic archives, manuscripts, official publications, doctoral dissertations, maps, sheet music|
|Size||41,881,649 items (March 2016)|
|Criteria for collection||Publications issued in Japan, statutes and parliamentary documents, publications on Japan, reference material, material on science and technology, publications of international organizations and foreign governments, children's literature and related material, Asian works|
|Legal deposit||legal deposit|
|Access and use|
|Access requirements||eighteen years of age or older for the Tokyo Main Library and the Kansai-kan|
|Population served||members of the Diet (722: fixed number as of Feb. 2009) and the general public|
|Budget||JP¥20,163M (FY2008) (US$221M)|
|Director||Sawako Hanyu (2016)|
- "National Diet Library Statistics". 2017. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Sawako Hanyu appointed new Librarian of the National Diet Library". National Diet Library. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- Pincus, Leslie. (2006). "Revolution in the Archives of Memory: The Founding of the National Diet Library in Occupied Japan" in Francis X. Blouin and William G. Rosenberg, eds. Archives, Documentation, and Institutions of Social Memory: Essays from the Sawyer Seminar, p. 382.
Media related to National Diet Library at Wikimedia Commons
- NDL Japanese website
- NDL English website
- NDL Digital Archive Portal (English)
- Kansai-kan of the NDL (English)
- Digital Library from the Meiji Era (English summary only)
- Digital Library from the Meiji Era (Japanese)
- Rare Books Image Database (Japanese)
- NDL image viewer.
- NDL-OPAC Japanese Index
- NDL-OPAC English Index
- Database of National Diet Minutes (Japanese)
- Database of Imperial Diet Minutes (Japanese)
- NDL Interlibrary Loan Application Procedures
- NDL Photoreproduction Service
- NDL Portraits of Modern Japanese Historical Figures