Natural England is a quango, a public body funded by government. It is responsible for protecting and preserving England's natural environment. This includes the land, flora and fauna, freshwater and marine environments, geology and soils. It also has a responsibility to help people enjoy, understand and access the natural environment.
|Formed||1 October 2006|
|Annual budget||£199 million (2012)|
|Parent agency||Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs|
Natural England work aims for:
- a healthy natural environment
- enjoyment of the natural environment
- sustainable use of the natural environment
- a secure environmental future
- "Annual Report and Accounts 1 April 2011 to 31 March 2012". Natural England. ISBN 9780102976533. Archived from the original on 4 September 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Dave Webster to continue as Natural England's interim Chief Executive". Natural England. 31 May 2012. Archived from the original on 4 September 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2013.