Neanderthal genome project
The Neanderthal genome project is a project for the sequencing of the Neanderthal genome. The project was announced by the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Germany and 454 Life Sciences in the United States in July 2006.
- "Genetic algorithm model shows that modern humans out-competed the Neanderthal" Short summary of a peer review paper 2008
- "Last of the Neanderthals" National Geographic, October 2008
- MSNBC "Neanderthal genome project launches" 22 November 2006.
- BBC News Paul Rincon, "Neanderthal DNA secrets unlocked" 15 November 2006
- "Welcome to Neanderthal genomics" 17 November 2006
- "Neanderthal Genome Sequencing Yields Surprising Results and Opens a New Door to Future Studies" 15 November 2006