New York State Assembly
The New York State Assembly is the lower house of the New York State Legislature, the New York State Senate being the upper house. There are 150 seats in the Assembly. Assembly members serve two-year terms with no term limits.
|New York State Assembly|
|New York State Legislature|
New session started
|Majority caucus (103)
Minority caucus (43)
Length of term
|Authority||Article III, New York Constitution|
|Salary||$110,000/year + per diem|
|November 3, 2020|
|November 8, 2022|
|State Assembly Chamber|
New York State Capitol
Albany, New York
|New York State Assembly|
|Majority Leader||Crystal Peoples-Stokes||Democratic||141|
|Minority Leader||William Barclay||Republican||120|
(Shading indicates Majority Conference)
|End 2015–16 session||104||1||41||1||147||3|
|Start 2017–18 session||106||1||43||0||150||0|
|End 2017-2018 session||102||1[a]||42||146||4|
|Start 2019-20 session||105||1||44||0||150||0|
|Latest voting share||69.7%||29.7%|
Members of the New York State AssemblyEdit
- +Elected in a special election
- Asm. Erik Bohen (a registered Democrat who won an April 24, 2018 special election on the Republican Party line) was not a member of any caucus during his Assembly tenure.
- Colon, Dave. "As Democratic Senate Becomes Reality, Unclear How Hard Assembly Majority Will Push Prior Agenda". Gotham Gazette.
- "The Secret Playbook NY State Senate Democrats Used To 'Wipe The Floor' With Republicans". Gothamist. November 28, 2018. Archived from the original on July 30, 2019. Retrieved July 30, 2019.
- "Crystal Peoples-Stokes in the running for Assembly majority leader post". November 13, 2018.
- Press, Chris Carola Associated. "New York state lawmakers push term limits for elected state offices". Daily Freeman. Archived from the original on 2020-02-15. Retrieved 2020-10-07.
- Journal, Seth Barron is associate editor of City; Institute, project director of the NYC Initiative at the Manhattan (October 16, 2018). "All-Blue Albany?". City Journal.
- "2016 Election Results | New York State Board of Elections". www.elections.ny.gov.
- "Bohen, Burke Have Rematch for Assembly Seat". spectrumlocalnews.com.
- Precious, Tom (April 25, 2018). "A day after his Assembly victory, Bohen receives a lesson in Albany 101".
- "Huntington Leaders Sworn Into Office |". HuntingtonNow.com. January 7, 2020.
- "What you need to know about the race to fill Michele Titus' Assembly seat". QNS.com.
- "Governor Cuomo Sets April 28 Special Election for the 27th Congressional District, Vacant State Assembly and State Senate Seats". Governor Andrew M. Cuomo. February 10, 2020.
- MacGillivary, Stephanie. "Romeo resigns from New York State Assembly for County Clerk appointment – Ballotpedia News".
- "State Assemblyman David Gantt Dies". spectrumlocalnews.com. Retrieved 2 July 2020.
- "Bronx Democratic Chairman abdicates, resigns from NYS Assembly". Parkchester Times. June 27, 2020. Archived from the original on July 3, 2020. Retrieved July 3, 2020.
- Though Richardson was elected on the Working Families Party line, she is a registered Democrat.