Wikimedia disambiguation page
Nicholas is a male first name. The name is derived from the Greek name “Nikólaos” and is developed out nikáo “triumphs” and laós “people”. After the Greek word use the name can mean both “winner of the people” and “winner over the people”.
People named NicholasEdit
Saints with the nameEdit
- Nicholas of Myra, bishop of Myra, in the 4th century. Commonly known as Saint Nicholas. Santa Claus is modelled on him.
- Nicholas of Flüe
- Nicholas of Japan
Popes and AntipopesEdit
- Pope Nicholas I
- Pope Nicholas II
- Pope Nicholas III
- Pope Nicholas IV
- Pope Nicholas V
- Antipope Nicholas V
- Patriarch Nicholas I of Constantinople
- Patriarch Nicholas II of Constantinople
- Patriarch Nicholas III of Constantinople
- Patriarch Nicholas IV of Constantinople
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Nicholas.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.