No Safe Spaces
No Safe Spaces is a 2019 documentary movie about political disagreements and the freedom of speech. It stars Dennis Prager and Adam Carolla. This movie argues that conservative speakers should be allowed to speak at universities. It shows how left wing protestors in the United States and Canada have sometimes prevented this. It criticizes safe spaces where university students might go to avoid views they disagree with. It is now showing as a video on demand.
|No Safe Spaces|
|Directed by||Justin Folk|
|Produced by||Mark Joseph|
|Distributed by||Atlas Distribution Company|
|October 25, 2019|
|Box office||$1.3 million|
Ben Shapiro, Tim Allen, Van Jones, Alan Dershowitz, Ann Coulter, and Cornel West, are also in this movie. The movie shows Barack Obama saying that students should argue with people they disagree with, and not silence them.
Many people have gone to see this movie, even though many critics did not like it. Critics from the Denver Post and Los Angeles Times did not like the movie. But reviewers from the Chicago Tribune and Variety did like it.
A small number of movie theaters began showing this movie on October 25, 2019. Because it did well, many more theaters began showing this movie on December 6, 2019. This movie ends with a post-credits scene.
- Harper, Jennifer. "Victory: Adam Carolla, Dennis Prager film 'No Safe Spaces' heads to major markets". The Washington Times. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- Bond, Paul. "Salem Radio Delves Into Film Distribution With Free-Speech Documentary". Newsweek.com. Retrieved 2020-03-28.
- "No Safe Spaces is now in theaters!". No Safe Spaces. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "Ben Shapiro's U.C. Berkeley Speech Expected to Draw Protests". Hollywood Reporter. 2017-09-14. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- Schultz, Marisa. "Tim Allen joins docudrama taking down PC culture". Nypost.com. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- "'No Safe Spaces' star Adam Carolla says censorship 'hurting everyone,' not a partisan issue". Fox News. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- "Alan Dershowitz to Appear in Adam Carolla's 'No Safe Spaces' Film". Hollywood Reporter. 2018-02-12. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- "No Safe Spaces: Free Speech Under Attack | Independent Institute: Multimedia: The Independent Institute". Independent.org. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- "Sharyl Attkisson to Make Film Debut in Doc About Free Speech". Hollywood Reporter. 2018-04-25. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- Kass, John. "Column: Is this still a free country? The new movie 'No Safe Spaces' raises frightening doubts". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- Flood, Brian (18 November 2019). "Moviegoers flock to free speech doc 'No Safe Spaces' despite panning from mainstream critics". Fox News.
- "Review: "No Safe Spaces" with Adam Carolla and Dennis Prager". Theknow.denverpost.com. 2019-11-01. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- Michael Rechtshaffen, Los Angeles Times (2019-12-05). "'No Safe Spaces' explores free speech on campus". Freep.com. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- Gleiberman, Owen (2016-05-11). "'No Safe Spaces' Review: A Doc About the Crackdown on Free Speech – Variety". Variety.com. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- "No Safe Spaces (2019) - IMDb". Retrieved 20 December 2019 – via www.imdb.com.