An oil refinery or petroleum refinery is an industrial plant where crude oil is made into useful petroleum products by fractional distillation and other processes. Products include gasoline, diesel fuel, asphalt base, heating oil, kerosene, and liquefied petroleum gas.
- Gary, J.H. and Handwerk, G.E (1984). Petroleum Refining Technology and Economics (2nd Edition ed.). Marcel Dekker, Inc. ISBN 0-8247-7150-8.
|edition=has extra text (help)CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Leffler, W.L. (1985). Petroleum refining for the nontechnical person (2nd Edition ed.). PennWell Books. ISBN 0-87814-280-0.
|edition=has extra text (help)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oil refinery.|
- Searchable United States Refinery Map
- Interactive map of UK refineries Archived 2007-12-12 at the Wayback Machine
- Complete, detailed refinery description
- Petroleum Refinery Planning and Optimization Using Linear Programming
- Student's Guide to Refining
- Global refinery shortage shifts power balance
- Ecomuseum Bergslagen Archived 2006-08-15 at the Wayback Machine - history of Oljeön, Sweden
- Detailed refinery description Archived 2007-06-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Fueling Profits: Report on Industry Consolidation (publication of the Consumer Federation of America)
- Price Spikes, Excess Profits and Excuses (publication of the Consumer Federation of America)
- Refinery study
- 2011 NACS Annual Fuels Report Archived 2011-02-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Basics of Oil Refining Overview of crude oil refining process
- Basics of Oil Refining Archived 2009-05-21 at the Wayback Machine Overview of crude oil refining process with focus on Canadian crude oil
- Refinery Animations & Videos Archived 2010-04-20 at the Wayback Machine Oil Refinery Process Animations,Videos & 360 Degree Views
- Chicago Bridge & Iron: Virtual Refinery Archived 2011-08-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Encyclopaedia of Hydrocarbons, ENI and Treccani ed., 5 volumes