Ophiuchus Supercluster explosion
Active Galactic Nucleus outburst
NASA and others have published evidence for the biggest explosion seen in the Universe. It is not the first time such an explosion has been seen. This extremely powerful eruption occurred in the Ophiuchus Supercluster.
- "Ophiuchus Galaxy Cluster". NASA. 27 February 2020. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- "Chandra Press Room :: Most Powerful Eruption in the Universe Discovered :: January 5, 2005". chandra.harvard.edu. Retrieved 2020-02-29.
- "Discovery of a giant radio fossil in the Ophiuchus galaxy cluster". arxiv.org. 4 February 2020. Retrieved 28 February 2020.
- Werner, N.; Zhuravleva, I.; Canning, R. E. A.; Allen, S. W.; King, A. L.; Sanders, J. S.; Simionescu, A.; Taylor, G. B.; Morris, R. G.; Fabian, A. C. (2016). "Deep Chandra study of the truncated cool core of the Ophiuchus cluster". MNRAS. 460 (3): 2752–2764. doi:10.1093/mnras/stw1171. ISSN 0035-8711.
- "Biggest cosmic explosion ever detected left huge dent in space". The Guardian. 27 February 2020. Retrieved 28 February 2020.