Patricia T. Arquette (born April 8, 1968) is an American actress and movie director. She played the lead character in the supernatural drama television series Medium. She also starred in other TV series and in many movies. She won a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award for her role in Boyhood in 2015.
at the 2009 Heart Truth fashion show
Patricia T. Arquette
April 8, 1968
(m. 1995–2001; divorced)
(m. 2006–2011; divorced; 1 child)
Arquette was born in Chicago, Illinois. She is the daughter of Lewis Arquette, an actor, and Brenda Olivia "Mardi" (née Nowak), an actress, poet, theater operator, activist, acting teacher, and therapist. Arquette's mother was Jewish, the daughter of a Holocaust survivor from Poland and Russia. Arquette's father was of English, French-Canadian, German, Irish, Scottish, Swiss and Welsh descent and a convert to Islam from Catholicism, and was related to explorer Meriwether Lewis. Her paternal grandfather was comedian Cliff Arquette; her siblings are actors Rosanna, Alexis, Richmond, and David Arquette.
- "Patricia Arquette Biography (1968-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- Vallance, Tom (2001-02-16). "Lewis Arquette - Obituaries". independent.co.uk. London. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Patricia Arquette - Cranky Critic® StarTalk - Movie Star Interviews". Crankycritic.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2014-01-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Hoggard, Liz (2006-08-18). "Patricia Arquette: The not-so-dippy hippie - Features - Films". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2011-11-10.
- Elkin, Michael (2005-10-06). "'Medium' Cool … and Trailing Sparks". jewishexponent.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.