Patricia Helen Heaton (born March 4, 1958 in Bay Village, Ohio) is an Emmy Award-winning American Actress best known for playing lead character and Ray Barone's wife Debra Barone on the CBS television sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond. She currently stars as Frankie Heck on the ABC sitcom The Middle.
Heaton in 2008
Patricia Helen Heaton
March 4, 1958
Bay Village, Ohio, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||David Hunt (1990–present)|
Patricia Hurd Heaton
|Awards||Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress - Comedy Series |
2000 Everybody Loves Raymond
2001 Everybody Loves Raymond
Patricia Heaton was born in Bay Village, Ohio, the daughter of Patricia (née Hurd) and Chuck Heaton, who was a sportswriter for The Plain Dealer. Heaton's mother died of an aneurysm when the actress was 12. The fourth of five children, Heaton was raised as a devout Catholic.
Heaton has three sisters, Sharon, Alice, and Frances, and one brother, Michael, who is the "Minister of Culture" columnist for The Plain Dealer and a writer for the paper's Friday Magazine.
Heaton has been married to British actor David Hunt since 1990. They have four sons and they divide their time between Los Angeles and Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England. Her memoir, Motherhood and Hollywood: How to Get a Job Like Mine, was published by Villard Books in 2002.
Hunt is Heaton's second husband. After her divorce from her first husband, she went through a self-described "Protestant wilderness". Since June 2017, Heaton's first marriage has been annulled by the Catholic Church and has since returned as an observant of Catholicism.
- for: "Bad Moon Rising" (2000)
- for: "The Canister" (2001)
She has been nominated for five others for the same series:
- for: "Be Nice" (1999)
- for: "A Vote for Debra" (2002)
- "Baggage" (2003)
- "Fun with Debra" (2004)
- for: "Finale" (2005)
- THE HOLLYWOOD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE WALK OF FAME COMMITTEE ANNOUNCES NEW WALK OF FAME HONOREES FOR 2012
- "Patricia Heaton Biography (1958–)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- O'Brien, Elizabeth (November 28, 2000). "Patricia Heaton's Laid-Back Lifestyle". People. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- Quinn, Justin. "A Profile of Conservative Hollywood Actress Patricia Heaton". About.com. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
She was raised Roman Catholic and attended Mass with her parents every day.
- Green, Jesse. Not Everybody Loves Patricia, The New York Times, December 31, 2006. Retrieved April 1, 2009.
- Hill, Erin (October 23, 2013). "Patricia Heaton's Real-Life Middle Moment With Her Son". Parade. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- Hallman, Deborah (October 16, 2002). "Keeping it real in Hollywood". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- Graves, Jim (June 3, 2017). "Vin Scully and Patricia Heaton reflect on centrality of Christ in their lives". Catholic World Report. Ignatius Press. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- PatriciaHeaton (July 30, 2017). "Spent Mass internally grumbling about lame sermon; received Eucharist, knelt down, burst into tears. #NoOneExpectstheHolySpirit" (Tweet).
- Zapo, George. "Four Celebrities Talk Openly About Having Plastic Surgery". Inquisitr. Retrieved 19 July 2016.