Rickey D'Shon Collins
|Theme music composer
|Guy Moon and Butch Hartman
|"Danny Phantom", performed by Deric Battiste and Guy Moon
|"Danny Phantom" (instrumental)
|Country of origin
|No. of seasons
|No. of episodes
|53 (list of episodes)
Steve Marmel (season 1-2)
Marty Isenberg (season 1-2)
Kevin Sullivan (season 3)
|Bob Boyle (season 1)
Nickelodeon Animation Studios
|Viacom International Inc (International)
|1080i (16:9 HDTV)
|Dolby Digital 5.1
|April 3, 2004 –
August 24, 2007
The show Danny Phantom is about a fourteen-year-old boy named Danny Fenton His parents, Jack Fenton and Maddie Fenton, are ghost hunters and also create machines that help them to catch ghosts. Danny's parents were creating a portal, but when they were finished and tried to make it work, it failed to work and they quit. Danny, however, who had been watching them, put on a white suit and went inside the machine out of curiosity. He accidentally pressed a button and got an electric shock, which gave him his ghost powers. Only his friends, Samantha (often called Sam) and Tucker know about his powers. Later Danny's sister, Jasmine (often called Jazz) accidentally discovered and learned about his powers.
Danny's powers include the following:
- Invisibility: Danny can turn invisible and back.
- Ghost ray: Danny can shoot a green beam of energy from his hand.
- Ghost Wail: Danny can make a very loud yell, sending green sound waves out of his mouth which
- destroy almost anything in his path. He barely uses this because it uses too much energy.
- Force Field: Danny can protect himself against attacks by creating a green bubble-like dome around him.
- Intangibility: Danny can walk through any solid matter.
- Ghost Sense:Blue air comes out of his mouth that alerts Danny that there's a ghost nearby.
- Daniel "Danny" Fenton/Danny Phantom - A fourteen-year-old boy who has "ghost powers". He does not do well in school and is often bullied by Dash.
- Sam Manson - A teenage girl who is one of Danny's best friends. She can be bossy sometimes. She has a crush on Danny.
- Tucker Foley - A teenage boy who is one of Danny's best friends. He is smart and carries around gadgets.
- Jack Fenton- Danny's father. He is clumsy but is good at making machines. Jack is a little bit dumb sometimes, but he really does care about his family.
- Maddie Fenton- Danny's mother. She also enjoys making machines with her husband.
- Jazz Fenton - Danny's older teenage sister. She is smart. Sometimes, she is against her parent's ghost hunting.
- Dash Baxter- A teenage boy in Danny's school. He likes to bully Danny. Recently, Danny has been able to avoid this. Dash is a very popular kid in the school.
- Kwan - One of Dash's friends who is also popular.
- Vlad Plasmius - Vlad is one of Jack's old friends. He also has ghost powers. He is more powerful than Danny.
- Guys in White - This is a small group in the series. They are ghost hunters. This is an obvious joke of the Men in Black.
- Grandpa Fenton - Danny's grandfather.
- Alicia - Danny's aunt and Maddie's sister.
- Jeremy Manson - Sam's father.
- Pam Manson - Sam's mother.
- Ida Manson - Sam's grandmother and Jeremy's mother.
- Maurice Foley - Tucker's father.
- Angela Foley - Tucker's mother.
The series is set in Amity Park. Fenton Works is Danny's house. Manson Residence is Sam's house. Foley Residence is Tucker's house. Casper High School is a school. Principal Ishiyama is the principal, Mr. Lancer teaches English, math, science and history. Mrs. Tetslaff is the gym teacher. Mr. Falluca is a math and science teacher.
Other Facts change
Danny Phantom is distributed outside the United States by the Canadian company, Nelvana. The series was originally called Danny Phantom and the Spector Detectors. The creator thought that the series would be more interesting if the ghost were a teenage boy, so he changed it to Danny Phantom.