Peter Henry Fonda (February 23, 1940 – August 16, 2019) was an American actor. He and Dennis Hopper starred in the motorcycle movies, The Wild Angels and Easy Rider. He appeared in many other movies, including Ulee's Gold, in which he was nominated for an Academy Award, Thomas and the Magic Railroad and The Passion of Ayn Rand.
Fonda at the premiere for Another Man's War on May 5, 2009
Peter Henry Fonda
February 23, 1940
|Died||August 16, 2019 (aged 79)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|Parent(s)||Henry Fonda (father) |
Frances Ford Seymour (mother)
|Relatives||Jane Fonda (sister), Amy Fonda Fishman (sister), Oliver Elfman (grandson)|
Fonda wrote an autobiography, Don't Tell Dad: A Memoir, which was published in 1998. He had a home in Paradise Valley, Montana in 1975. Fonda died of respiratory failure and lung cancer on August 16, 2019.
- "Easy Rider star Peter Fonda marries for the third time at 71". Mail Online. 20 June 2011.
- Sweeney, Kevin (1992). Henry Fonda: a bio-bibliography. New York [u.a.]: Greenwood Press. ISBN 0-313-26571-2.
- "Peter Fonda Biography (1939?-)". FilmReference.com. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- "Peter Fonda". New York Times. Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- Fonda, Peter (1998). Don't tell dad: a memoir. New York: Hyperion. ISBN 0-7868-6111-8.
- Hemingway, Valarie (Fall 2006). "A Conversation With Peter Fonda". Distinctly Montana. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- Griffith, Janelle; Dasrath, Diana (August 16, 2019). "Peter Fonda, star of 'Easy Rider,' dead at 79". NBC News. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Fonda.|