Pope John XIX
|Papacy began||May 1024|
|Papacy ended||October 1032|
|Predecessor||Pope Benedict VIII|
|Successor||Pope Benedict IX|
Rome, Papal States
|Other popes named John|
After his election, Pope John became a priest and a bishop.
His successor was his nephew, who became known as Benedict IX.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-3.
- The Tusculum family are also known as the Tuscolani
- Pope John XIX," Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-3.
- The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature. H.G. Allen. 1888. p. 711.
- Penny Cyclopaedia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. C. Knight. 1839. p. 129.
- Stemmi Papali, Giovanni XIX (in Italian); retrieved 2011-11-3
Media related to Ioannes XIX at Wikimedia Commons
- . Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Popes in sequence
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Deacon Romano